Saturday, September 24, 2005

Weathering Rita

Originally Huricane Rita was set to slam right into where I live. My parents were in the direct line of fire so they and my grandmother evacuated to my place. Not so bad, other than my place wasn't where I wanted to be. I had an ever so much nicer and safer place to run to. Running to that person and that place would have been very nice. Turns out that Rita turned right a bit and we have yet to get any rain but we've gotten some wind. My youngest sister in law and her family ran to the right and are right in the middle of Rita's current path. I have yet to hear news on either of my brothers. One is in Basic Training in Georgia, while the other is living with his family in Florida. I hope both of them are safe.

I got my first letter from my little brother (hence forth to be refered to as "Kid") Thursday. He and I are closer than myself and my older brother are. He's going through paratrouper infantry training as we speak. Being in the military is all he's ever wanted to do with his life and I wish him the best of luck with it. My older brother (Flea - he was always the short one in the crowd), he's always wanted to work on and with computers, he's doing his dream too. I'm half-way doing mine.

My working dream is to teach. I used to think I'd want to teach the deaf in the public school setting but the longer I'm in the field the more I wonder if that really is the life I want. I adore interpreting and while I love teaching, in secondary education you can only do so much. There again, you still have the time and opportunity to help someone in their life. I've always been the one to take care of everyone else and be the solid one. So the times that I let my walls down and show someone my weaknesses means I have a great deal of trust in them.

I'm really just in a rambling mood this morning. I still feel out of sorts and without my focus. I think I'll go make some phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home