Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend Cat Blogging


KILL THE FEATHER


The grey racoon-ish one is Haley - that's Robert's cat.
The white and calico one is Maggie - she's my cat.



Attention Cat Lovers!
This Is Weekend Cat Blogging #68!

Chef Sarah Jane has all the links to this week's kitties.
Thanks Sarah for Hosting!



Their stories were once sad but now happy.

Haley I rescued from the local Loves on our one month anniversary. I'd seen her there that morning and she was still there when my roomie and I went back later that night for sodas. She was apparently quite talkative and had a purple and white flea collar on - so I just knew that someone dumped her. I couldn't resist... Robert and I had talked about getting a kitten and here was one that just needed a home. As you can see - I took her home. She was thin, very sluggish but interested in seeing what was what. A quick trip to wal-mart and a digging out of the littermaid and we were set to be "cat parents". We even bought Haley a pretty red collar (we still don't know where she killed that collar at - we haven't been able to find it in weeks). A trip to the vet and she was given a good bill of health (other than ear mites) and given her first shots. Boy ... she was kinda itchy about those. Yet, we'd promised her on the ride over if she was good - she could roam the Camaro on the way home. She was ... so she did. She discovered she likes the back flap above the trunk in the sun and window. She still likes windows. She does not, however, like baths. We had a fun time naming her though. Going through this that and the other until we settled on just the right one.

Maggie is a different story all together. Our roomie's sister's cat had a litter and we were going to get one of them. The two that we liked didn't make it so we decided to go a different route. On a whim, I went by a shelter and found this tiny white and calico kitten. She has calico wings on either side of her spine right at her shoulder blades, I was in love with a kitty, so I adopted her and brought her home. The shelter said she was two months old. If she was 4 weeks I'd be surprised. She and Haley had a come to Jesus meeting not shortly after coming in the door and Haley made it known that SHE was here first... and Maggie could stay too... so long as she understood the pecking order. Here we were thinking that Haley was being all tough - that is until a couple of days later when Robert walked in on Haley nursing Maggie in the middle of our bed. I don't know who was more shocked, him for walking in on it - or Haley caught being extra nice to Maggie.

They are now fast friends (Maggie still nurses when Haley lets her) and Maggie is slowly but surely learning that claws and "dad" don't mix well and that trying to drink dishwater gets you soaked. Sokay, Haley learned that if you try to drink out of the toliet, the lid gets put down on your paws... or you get bumped into the water (relax - it had just been flushed and we now keep the lid down allllll the time).

I bought them this feather toy and my gosh... even Haley (who normally does not play much) will go to town on it. They stalked and pitched it from the kitchen up into the chair and I just had to get a picture of their newest game of "Kill the Feather".

Blessed Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home