Saturday, October 14, 2006

This week in review and a quality question

Well - it's been a crazy week. I haven't done much really, other than work and trying to keep my head above water. I had created a secondary blogspot for photos and finally today I got it all set up and started adding to it. Some are pictures I've taken this week (like some of the flowers) while others I took several weeks ago and just hadn't put up. Others are friends and loved ones both present and past. I'll continue to update there and here. With my changing schedule and Robert's, I just didn't set the time aside to take care of my blog, am going to try to not let that happen again.

So - catching up for a weeks worth of things.

Monday we had "Family" over, by means of my husband and roomies best friend Erik. My husband calls him "THE old man" while I have affectionately dubbed him "CM" (for cookie monster). Typically either Sunday or Monday is what's become "cookie day". Which means I break out my jars and make some flavor of from scratch/made with love cookie and dinner for us at the house and any other "Family" who wants to come. This week it was Celtic Apple Roasted Chicken with stuffing and Split-pea-strone soup. We had CrasinSpice cookies that day. It was kinda a spice theme.

Tuesday we ran errands and paid a few bills. After all that, we just kinda vegged out. Didn't really do much of anything that day. I caught up on some much needed sleep. Oh - and I finally called the doc for a script for the blister/breakout sore that was trying to take over my bottom lip.

Wednesday - I worked in the early hours and in the evening. One of the consumers I work with was in a bit of a mood so I came home rather grumpy as a result. Sorry Darlin'.

Thursday - I overselpt. I thought I'd set the alarm... but we have cats... it went off sometime just before 8 and hubby got up and hit snooze - not thinking about it. I'm to be at work by 730. My main house called me at 807 going "are you okay? Where are you?" Needless to say I was dressed and there in seven minutes. Please don't ask how fast I was going - I'll plead the fifth! Well, all in all it was okay that I was late, my main consumer had a field trip so we didn't have to rush her morning (which is good - she tends to NOT like being rushed - imagine that ... come on... think about it - do you like being rushed? Huh Huh.... tell me. See... you don't like it either.).

Friday - well... that was the day I stayed up too late the night before... but for good reasons :) and went into work with the intent of "I'll do my hour and a half then go home and crawl back into the warm bed with the Darlin' Hubby. Do you think that happened? Nope. It didn't. Why - because it was Friday the 13th and my J (my main consumer that's female) decided "Nope - I'm just going to sleep today". And boy did she. There's outside construction going on - lots and LOTS of banging and typically she's a light sleeper, but not that day. She slept from 8a-3p with very little waking periods in between. I changed her and fed her and she slept pretty much through it. I FINISHED MY BOOK TONIGHT! (Review to come)

Today - J was awake and smiling when I got here. [insert sigh of relief for me and her mom here after the way she was yesterday]. Everyone else had dibbs on the shower so we dressed in clean pj's and went to the den to veg in front of the big screen. She just loves watching TV. Halfway through a movie she went to sleep all stretched out in the recliner. It's soooo cute. I snapped a pic - but will have to get J's moms permission before I share any pics of her with y'all.

There are days when I wonder about J's quality of life - or if she even has any. 14 with the function and comp of an infant about six months old (at the best). But my gosh, if I don't adore her. Enough silly-ness and I get a smile or a coo that just makes even the grumpiest of days seem brighter. Then I look back and realize - she's improved MY quality of life and others around her by having the J personality that she does have. Even now as she sleeps, I have to say that the least little movement or odd sound and my head comes up and I'm watching her, posed and ready to set the laptop aside and make sure she's okay or at least comfortable.

She makes me remember that I'm blessed, even on my worst of days. Last night as I was dragging my right side along with the rest of me and started to complain, J flashed in my mind and my mouth shut and I kept on trucking. It would be so ... easier to just lie down, hide under the covers and not face the world or it's looming issues. But then, if I do that - who will make sure CM doesn't have withdrawl from lack of cookies? Who will get a special smile from J? Who will smile in the knowledge of being loved by My Darlin' husband - who's come to the voiced realization that he misses me when I'm not there. Who will call my Sisi at horridly early hours just to chat? Who will adore my parents for being my parents? I'm sure that others would in time, step up to each plate and fill in... but it wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be me. I may not always be what is best, but I am me... and thats something.

So tell me... what improves your quality of life?

How do you improve the quality of other's lives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home