Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wintersmith Wanderings

Amphitheatre @ Wintersmith


The first place that Robert and I went on a date was to Wintersmith Park - here in town. I had just driven up from Texas (last year at Thanksgiving break) and he suggested a walk to stretch my legs and give us the chance to talk. We took Tara - his mom's black lab with us, because she loves going for walks too, and off we went.
It was a beautiful day. Not cold but not hot either. Just perfect. I simply adored all the trees. The company was good too. -smiles- And off we three went. We walked and talked for at least an hour, just taking our time to look at everything and just enjoy being together. I was amazed at the waterfalls and Robert took delight in pointing out the masses of squirels that live in the park. He has much better hearing than this lil HoH (Hard of Hearing/ASL Deaf) lady has. If he didn't hear them, Tara sure did.

It's been so dry here (and elsewhere too) and this past weekend and week it's rained off and on. Sunday though, it just poured. When I took Robert to work it was raining. When he called at 5ish because he needed his keys, it was starting to slow down - just drizzling. So, on a whim and to relax, I went to Wintersmith to walk. As has become the norm, I had my camera with me and snapped pictures. I've put two posts worth up and will add to it tomorrow.

Here's two that I will share now.

&

I had to wonder, about this little leaf, if it wanted to be something different
or if it was just resting on it's way to the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home