Sunday, February 04, 2007

Tattoo # 3

I have just about decided that with part of what's left from our income tax return I want to get a third tattoo. I've narrowed my field down to I think two choices. I don't want anything big, as neither of my other two are "huge" or "flashy" by any means. Which kinda makes me want to get something flashy - maybe something with a lil color. Both my tattoos now are a solid color.



My First Tattoo - my own rendering of a Celtic Triangle (I'll try to have hubby take a pic so I can share). It holds some bitter sweet memories for me, but it marks a time in my life. I got it in the fall of 2000. I was working and living in Bryan, Texas as an interpreter and I couldn't very well have a tat in a place that would disrupt the flow of communication. So - tattoo was placed on my left shoulder blade. I originally asked for a UT/ freckle colored ink what I got was a navy outline and Aggie shaded fill in. To say I was pissed was an understatement. I used to say that I'd get it redone in black some day, but it is a reminder that people should be listened to, not just nodded and "uhmhuh"ed at. A reminder of a time in my life and friends that were so dear and now, they couldn't tell anyone whats going on in their life anymore than they can mine.



My Second Tattoo - Japanese characters of the phrase "To be Free". It was done summer of 2003. I'd just met Robert in person for the first time and I had just gotten my divorce decree from my Ex and I was stressed out, liberated, angry, hurt and ready to move on (or so I thought at the time) and jump back into life with both feet. It took me a while to heal all things considered. It is solid black and lives on my right shoulder blade. I was still working in the field where I couldn't have tats showing.



Both tats are about the size of the inside of my palm and in places where even a sleveless shirt almost totally covers them. However, my third one... will be significantly more detailed... mostly because of where I want it. I REALLY want it on the back of my neck - at my hair line... again, easy to cover yet visable if I want it to be. At the same time, I kinda want one where I can see it without using two or three mirrors. lol



ok.. so... I need help/ some help with this... here's the options.




Horse (UT burnt orange) - Tribal Daisy (petals will have color)


-

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personaly I would go with the horse, it represents freedom and power. the flower maybe symbolic in some way but to me seems way to comercial. good luck xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home